Employment: Permanent Full Time
This is a unique opportunity for speech pathologists in their early years of practice and with a strong interest in working within the disability sector.
You will work collaboratively in providing intervention, support and strategies for children and young people with disabilities or development delay, and their families. As an allied health professional with 1-3 years’ experience, you will be part of Lifestart’s Allied Health Disability Pathways Program.
Our supportive workplace will provide you with access to senior clinicians and targeted training to develop your skills and experience in range of areas related to your practice. You will work in a collaborative team, participating in the exchange of knowledge and skills among team members to achieve positive outcomes for children, young people and their families.
For more information about the Allied Health Disability Pathways Program can be found here.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Degree in Speech Pathology
- Current SPA membership
- Between 1-3 years professional experience, preferably working with children and young people
- Experience and/or interest in using person and family centred, strength-based approaches
- Highly organised, and able to work with technology in a changing environment
- Understanding of inclusion, cultural sensitivities and the needs of diverse communities
- Valid Working with Children Check Clearance
- Vail NDIS Worker Screening Check Clearance
- Successful pre-employment police check
- A current driver’s licence and use of own car
Key Result Areas:
|Key Result Areas||Key Activities|
|Service Delivery:||With appropriate support, use person or family centred frameworks to plan with clients
Deliver assessments, intervention supports and other appropriate strategies to achieve outcomes
Monitor and evaluate service delivery with individual clients through reflective practice
|Effectively ensure all information is treated in a way that respects the individual clients right to confidentiality and dignity
Comply with Lifestart policies and procedures and other relevant standards for service provision
Positively represent Lifestart in all opportunities, role modelling the Code of Conduct and actively supporting the mission, vision and values
Seek support through team managers, practice leader and senior practitioners through open communication
|Reporting, Documentation &|
|Carry out reporting, documentation and administration tasks including service records and billing
Maintain case notes, plans and required documentation on Lifestart’s Client Record Management system
Comply with organisational requirements for the accurate and timely completion of documentation