Behaviour Support Practitioner
We are looking for an experienced Behaviour Support Practitioner to join our Behaviour Support Team. Lifestart provides Positive Behaviour Support to children and young people using a capacity building model, working alongside the person with disability, their family and support networks across all of the environments the person accesses.
- Engage in collaborative goal setting with families and complete Functional Behaviour Assessments to identify areas of need and support the development of practical evidence-based support strategies.
- Develop person centred Behaviour Support Plans that uphold the rights of people with disability, improve quality of life and reduce the use of restrictive practices.
- Work with a varied caseload alongside a team of experienced allied health professionals including speech pathologists, occupational therapists and physiotherapists.
- Build the capacity and confidence of families, teachers and support workers to implement positive and proactive strategies and skill building programs through direct coaching and mentoring support.
- Continue to develop your expertise through high levels of supervision and support to progress through the NDIS Positive Behaviour Support Capability Framework practitioner levels.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Tertiary qualification in Speech Pathology, Psychology, Occupational Therapy, Social Work, Education or related field.
- Considered suitable by the NDIS Commission to deliver specialist behaviour support as an NDIS behaviour support practitioner as outlined in the PBS capability network
- Valid Working with Children’s Check (WWCC) Clearance (or willingness to obtain)
- Valid NDIS Worker Screening Check (NDISWC) Clearance (or willingness to obtain)
- Fully vaccinated for the Covid-19 Virus (3 doses) or accepted medical exemption certificate
- Current driver’s licence and use of own car
For more information or to have a confidential discussion about your application, email email@example.com