Employment: Full-time – contract to June 2021
Location: Program Wide
Close Date: 14 December 2018
The Community Capacity Building (CCB) Lead will assist the CCB Manager to work in a collaborative manner with community-based organisations. They will work with mainstream service providers to build their capacity to maximise inclusion and participation for children with disabilities.
This position will be pivotal in communicating information on the NDIS Early Childhood Early Intervention (ECEI) approach to organisations and the general community.
Key Selection Criteria:
- A recognised qualification in a relevant discipline including education, allied health or social sciences.
- Registration and/ or membership with your professional body (if applicable)
- A minimum of two years’ experience working in disability services and/or early childhood intervention
- Demonstrated experience in leadership
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and influence sector development and capacity building.
- Well-developed understanding of the NDIS, the ECEI approach.
- Demonstrated experience/knowledge of working with children and families, preferably in an early childhood intervention.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to liaise, negotiate and build collaborative positive working relationships with stakeholders.
- Valid Working with Children Check Clearance
- Successful pre-employment police check
- A current driver’s licence and use of own car
Key Result Areas:
|Key Result Areas||Key Activities|
|ECEI Service Delivery:||Proactively work with the ECEI Community Capacity Manager, ECEI Area Managers and Team Leaders to ensure the delivery of high quality services.
Lead the implementation of community capacity building strategies across the service areas.
Educate the community on the NDIS ECEI approach.
Provide information to participants, families, children, carers and service providers on NDIS guidelines and legislation.
|Relationship Management:||Communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders.
Build effective rapport with participants and their families resulting in willingness to accept assistance and intervention.
Strong external and internal relationships are formed and maintained for service development and best practice delivery.
Actively develop and maintain supportive relationships with all staff.
|Reporting, Documentation &|
|Assist the Community Capacity Building Manager to provide written and verbal feedback as requested, including NDIA reports, Lifestart reports, Annual Report preparation and other reports as required.
Assist the Community Capacity Building Manager with the analysis and monitoring of relevant data to improve participant and contractual outcomes.
Comply with organisational requirements for the accurate and timely completion of documentation.