Employment: Full-time – contract to June 2021
Location: North Strathfield
Close Date: Friday, 15 November 2019
The purpose of this role will be to provide intervention, support and strategies to children and young people with disabilities or development delay, and their families. This pivotal role will require you to deliver all programs and activities that form part of Lifestart, appropriate to your professional discipline.
You will work in a collaborative team, participating in the exchange of knowledge and skills among team members to achieve positive outcomes for children, young people and their families.
Key Selection Criteria:
• Qualification in allied health, social science or education. Other relevant qualifications will be accepted.
• Registration and/ or membership with your professional body (if applicable)
• Identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
• Sound knowledge of Aboriginal/ Torres Strait Islander heritage and culture
• An understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples in the Inner West Sydney region
• An ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal and/ or Torres Strait Islander people.
• Demonstrated ability to work with children and young people with disabilities
• Experience delivering services and support in disability services, particularly to children, or early childhood intervention
• Knowledge of NDIS, individualised planning and funding options
• Valid Working with Children Check Clearance
• Successful pre-employment police check
• A current driver’s licence and use of own car
Key Result Areas:
|Key Result Areas||Key Activities|
|ECEI Service Delivery||With appropriate support, use family centred frameworks to plan with clients.
Deliver assessments, short term intervention supports, and other appropriate strategies to assist children and families achieve positive long-term outcomes.
Work with relevant stakeholders to build capacity of local mainstream and community services to increase participation and inclusion of children with developmental delay or disability.
|Communication and Accountability||Effectively ensure all information is treated in a way that respects the individual clients right to confidentiality and dignity.
Comply with Lifestart policies and procedures and other relevant standards for service provision.
Positively represent Lifestart in all opportunities, role modelling the Code of Conduct and actively supporting the mission, vision and values.
Seek support from the team leader through open communication.
|Reporting, Documentation & Administration||Carry out reporting, documentation and administration tasks including service records.
Maintain case notes, plans and required documentation on NDIA’s Client Record Management system.
Comply with organisational requirements for the accurate and timely completion of documentation.