Employment: Full time Max Term Contract to 30 June 2022
Location: South Eastern Sydney
Close Date: Tuesday, 27 October 2020
The Early Childhood Early Intervention (ECEI) Team leader will provide leadership to the ECEI Team enabling a high functioning and professional team, while also supporting the ECEI Area Manager to ensure a quality service and flexible supports for families accessing the ECEI Program in their service area.
The Team Leader will work with the ECEI Area Manager and ECEI team to deliver evidence based, best practice supports to assist children with developmental delay or disability and their families/carers, to achieve positive outcomes.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline including, allied health, education, social sciences
- Registration and/ or membership with your professional body (if applicable)
- A minimum of five years’ experience in early childhood intervention
- A management qualification and/or demonstrated experience in management, preferably in the community sector and in work with children and families/carers
- Demonstrated understanding of the NDIS, the ECEI approach and early intervention Best Practice Principles
- Ability to identify the needs of children and their families and support staff to make judgements regarding eligibility for ECEI NDIS support services
- Knowledge of Disability Service Standards, Children’s Disability Standards and Children Protection/ Keeping them safe
- Valid Working with Children Check Clearance
- Successful pre-employment police check
- A current driver’s licence and use of own car
Key Result Areas:
|Key Result Areas||Key Activities|
|ECEI Service Delivery:||Proactively lead the ECEI team to deliver high quality programs and services.
Monitor service delivery workflow and practitioner caseload to ensure deliverables and timelines as outlined in the NDIA Service Statement of Requirements are met.
Develop collaborative partnerships with families/carers, staff and other stakeholders to build capacity for inclusion and lead to positive outcomes for children and their families/carers
|Relationship Management:||Effective rapport is built with participants and their families resulting in willingness to accept assistance and intervention.
Strong external and internal relationships are formed and maintained for service development and best practice delivery.
Actively develop and maintain supportive relationships with all staff.
|Communication and Accountability :||Open communication with the ECEI Area Manager and appropriate management regarding issues or risks within the area of services to ensure continual program development.
Effectively ensure all information is treated in a way that respects the individual clients right to confidentiality and dignity.
Comply with Lifestart policies and procedures and other relevant standards for service provision.