Apply for the Lifestart New Graduate Program 2024 today!
We’re looking for Speech Pathologists, Occupational Therapists and Physiotherapists who are keen to kickstart their career in a supportive team culture where they can really make a difference.
Lifestart provides a range of programs and services for children and young people living with disability, as well as their families and carers, with the aim of helping them live their lives to the fullest potential through increased social inclusion and participation. We offer a range of specialised support streams which include therapy and other supports for children and young people aged 0-24.
What makes us different?
We believe all children and young people living with disability can participate inclusively and meaningfully in their community. To achieve this, we place the child or young person with disability at the centre of all decision making and planning, supporting them to achieve their goals and live a fulfilling, meaningful life. We are a large organisation consisting of multiple disciplines and areas, but are united by this philosophy – that a successful day at work means successfully helping a child or young person living with disability be an equal and valued member of their community and society.
Speech Pathologist – Graduate Program 2024
Lifestart’s 12-month structured graduate program is a great opportunity to help transition you from university life to full time employment as a Speech Pathologist. From day one you will be supported throughout your journey, developing and strengthening your clinical expertise across the NDIS and the community.
Through the program we will provide you with a range of opportunities including:
- Work alongside children, young people, and their families to set and achieve goals that are important to them
- Visit clients and their families in their homes, schools, preschools, out in the community, at a Lifestart office or online
- A diverse caseload that allows you to develop your clinical skills in language, speech, AAC assessment and intervention, and mealtime and swallowing management.
- Connect with our partner organisations to provide online support to clients in rural NSW and interstate
- Run parent training workshops and group programs including Hanen groups
- Collaborate with your multidisciplinary team to support clients and their families to be included in their everyday communities
About the New Grad program
- Comprehensive learning and development group program and access to Lifestart’s online learning hub
- Supported by a senior clinical supervisor to help you develop your clinical skills
- Gradual increase to your caseload with realistic KPIs
- You will be part of a friendly and energetic multidisciplinary team who will help you learn the ropes through joint sessions and peer supervision
- Direct manager who will answer your questions and support your early career
- Access to all the technology and resources you need to support a range of clients aged 0-24 years including a laptop and phone
- Flexible work arrangements and work from home opportunities to ensure you have a great work life balance
- Permanent full-time position (part time also considered)
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Speech Pathology with a graduation date in 2023 or early 2024
- Current or upcoming membership with SPA
- Hold a current driver’s licence and access to a registered vehicle to perform the role
- Current Working with Children Check and NDIS Worker Screening Check (or willing to obtain)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination (3 doses) or have an eligible medical exemption
- A genuine passion and commitment for the work you do and the values of inclusion and participation our organisation lives by
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, welcoming people with disability or lived experience, as well as those from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, people from the LGBTQI+ community, and those people who identify as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander to our team. When you join Lifestart, we will value each individual’s unique contribution.