Employment: Full-time – contract to June 2020
Location: North Western Sydney
The Start Strong Pathways program will support the educational engagement of children too young to receive a preschool education, support pathways to preschool and promote the importance of early childhood education to parents and communities.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Diploma or degree qualification in Early Childhood Education or similar
- Registration and/ or membership with your professional body (if applicable)
- Demonstrated experience working in the early childhood sector
- Demonstrated experience working with children with disabilities or additional needs and their families/carers
- Demonstrated ability to work flexibly in response to families’ individualised needs and priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work sensitively and empathically with families from diverse cultural backgrounds and with complex needs
- Valid Working with Children Check Clearance
- Successful pre-employment police check
- A current driver’s licence and use of own car
Sound knowledge of the National Guidelines for Best Practice in Early Childhood Intervention and Early Years Learning Framework is desirable.
Key Result Areas:
|Key Result Areas||Key Activities|
|Service Delivery:||Use person or family centred frameworks to plan with families and other stakeholders.
Provide individualised support appropriate to each child’s needs.
Monitor and evaluate individual and program outcomes through reflective practice.
|Communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders, including families.
Understand relevant compliance legislation, quality standards and Lifestart policies and procedures.
Positively represent Lifestart in all opportunities, role modelling the Code of Conduct and actively supporting the mission, vision and values.
|Reporting, Documentation &|
|Carry out reporting, documentation and administration tasks.
Maintain required documentation on Lifestart’s Client Record Management system.
Comply with organisational requirements for the accurate and timely completion of documentation.