What is Early Childhood Early Intervention (ECEI)?
Lifestart is an Early Childhood Partner, delivering the National Disability Insurance Scheme’s Early Childhood Early Intervention approach. If your child is aged 0-6 years and has a disability, or if you are concerned about their development, they may be eligible to receive support from the NDIS.
Early Childhood Early Intervention (ECEI) supports children aged 0-6 years who have a developmental delay or disability and their families and carers. It supports families to help children develop the skills they need to take part in daily activities and achieve the best possible outcomes throughout their life.
As an Early Childhood Partner, Lifestart will be your main contact point for the NDIS and can help you to understand and access the most appropriate supports for your child. We will:
- meet with you and get to know your child
- work with you to determine the best supports for your child and family
- identify and connect you and your child with the most appropriate supports in your area, such as the community health centre, preschool and playgroup
- provide some short-term early intervention where it has been identified as the most appropriate support
- help you to request NDIS access if your child requires longer-term early childhood intervention supports
- work with you to develop an NDIS plan if your child becomes an NDIS participant.
Where is Lifestart an Early Childhood Partner?
Lifestart is an Early Childhood Partner in the following regions – Central Coast, Illawarra Shoalhaven, Nepean Blue Mountains, South East Sydney and Sydney.
To find out more call our Client Engagement Team on 1800 953 390 or send us a message.