Our social workers and psychologists work with children and young people to improve their psychological, social and emotional wellbeing
Do you, your child or young person require help to:
- develop positive relationships?
- understand emotions and develop strategies to manage those emotions?
- understand the changes puberty brings?
- develop skills to manage stressful situations?
A social worker or psychologist can help you, your child or young person to:
- improve relationships
- build confidence and develop social skills
- increase independent living skills to support important transitions including to school, high school and employment
- understand triggers of behaviour and how to manage them
- develop emotional self-regulation to manage feelings such as anxiety and anger
- improve learning and memory skills
- develop strategies to make informed choices regarding relationships and sexuality.
They can also help to the build the capacity of the family to maintain it’s caring role.
Do we provide services in your area?
We provide supports in the Sydney metropolitan area including – Western Sydney, Northern Sydney, Eastern Sydney, Southern Sydney, the Inner West and parts of South Western Sydney.
There are many options for where you can access social work and psychology supports including:
- at a Lifestart centre
- we can come to you – to your home, school or early childhood centre, workplace or somewhere else in the community.
Please call us to find out what is possible for your child or young person.
What is the cost?
Costs vary depending on the service provided. You can use your NDIS funding package (we offer services under the NDIS support areas of Improved Daily Living and Improved Relationships) or pay privately.
To find out more call our Client Engagement Team on 1800 953 390 or send us a message.