- This event has passed.
Sing and Play at the Opera House
May 17, 2019
Accessible performance for children
This Sing and Play performance showcases There’s a Sea in My Bedroom at the Sydney Opera House.
What is different about an accessible Sing and Play performance?
- Enter the theatre early to get settled before the show and be welcomed by our staff.
- Enjoy a performance environment that is welcoming to children of all abilities and their families.
- Patrons are free to come and go from the theatre during the performance.
- Theatre lights remain on low levels and families receive pre-visit materials to help prepare for their visit.
- Enjoy our free 45-minute Sing and Play session directly after the performance with a range if mixed play activities facilitated by a music therapist and the Lifestart team, as well as a supported music program.
Date: 17 May 2019
Time: 10:30am – Performance, After the performance – Sing and Play
Venue: Utzon Room & Drama Theatre Foyer, Sydney Opera House
Ages: 2-7 years
Tickets: available from the Sydney Opera House website
About ‘There’s A Sea in My Bedroom’
David is frightened of the sea. He does not like it at all, not one bit. But one day he finds a conch shell at the beach and takes it home – and he hears the sea trapped inside.
‘Come out, sea, come out,’ he says softly. ‘I won’t hurt you.’
Sydney Opera House and the Australian Chamber Orchestra proudly present the world premiere of this beautifully reimagined story by award-winning author Margaret Wild.
Weaving together captivating storytelling with a newly composed score performed by ACO Collective, There’s a Sea in My Bedroom is an immersive introduction to live music, capturing the magic of a child’s fantasy world.
View our event flier here.