- This event has passed.
Sing & Play at the Sydney Opera House
October 11, 2019 @ 10:30 am - 12:00 pm
Accessible performance for children
This Sing and Play performance showcases Meeting Mozart at the Sydney Opera House.
What is different about an accessible Sing and Play performance?
- Enter the theatre early to get settled before the show and be welcomed by our staff.
- Enjoy a performance environment that is welcoming to children of all abilities and their families.
- Patrons are free to come and go from the theatre during the performance.
- Theatre lights remain on low levels and families receive pre-visit materials to help prepare for their visit.
- Enjoy our free 45-minute Sing and Play session directly after the performance with a range if mixed play activities facilitated by a music therapist and the Lifestart team, as well as a supported music program.
Date: 11 October 2019
Time: 10:30am – Performance, After the performance – Sing & Play
Venue: Playhouse Theatre & Foyer, Sydney Opera House
Ages: 2-5 years
Tickets: available from the Sydney Opera House website
About ‘Meeting Mozart’
Watch with delight as renowned Australian pianist Simon Tedeschi assumes the persona of the musical wunderkind himself, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, on this journey into the music behind the man.
Joined by his wife and muse, Constanze for an introduction to Mozart’s music, from variations on ‘Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star’ to his major compositions. Little music lovers will meet all the instruments in the ensemble along the way, and discover some of Mozart’s best known and loved classic music.