- This event has passed.
SpeakUP: Building skills and confidence for participation at school
What do we offer?
- a unique, short-term online program
- available to students aged 7-16 years with a disability enrolled in any mainstream school across New South Wales, the ACT, Queensland and Victoria
- open to young people with or without an NDIS plan
- focused on supporting the young person to achieve a goal they have set for themselves.
How will it be delivered?
- each young person will have 6 online video sessions facilitated by an allied health staff member, held out of school time across the school term.
- during the sessions, the facilitator will support the young person to identify and express a small, achievable goal related to participation at school, and then work through challenges they might come up against.
- involvement of parents or carers (we call them allies) is key to the success of the program, as they are the main support in the young person’s participation journey.
- there are 2 learning online modules for allies to watch about our goal setting process and helping to build resilience in their young person and 2 online Zoom sessions to attend with other allies participating at the same time in the program.
What is the cost?
SpeakUP is fully funded by Department of Social Services (DSS) through an Information, Linkages and Capacity Building (ILC) grant until the end of Term 2 2024. It is delivered at no cost to the participant. But we request that if your young person will not be able to attend their scheduled session, please contact us as soon as possible so that we can use the time to see other clients.
Program start dates
A new SpeakUP program begins at the start of each school term.
Applications for the Term 2 program close on 31 March 2023.
Expression of Interest form
To find out more call us on 1800 317 030
or send us a message email@example.com