What is the early childhood approach?
Lifestart is an Early Childhood Partner, delivering the NDIS early childhood approach (formerly called Early Childhood Early Intervention or ECEI). You can find more information about the NDIS and the early childhood approach on the NDIS website.
The early childhood approach supports children aged 0-6 years who have a developmental delay or disability and their families and carers
Early childhood intervention is about giving your child the best possible start in life.
If your child is younger than 7 with a disability or you are concerned about their development, you may be able to get help through the NDIS early childhood approach.
Early childhood partners have teams of professionals with experience and clinical expertise in working with young children with development delay or disability and their families. They have specialist skills in early childhood intervention and focus on delivering family-centred supports using a best-practice model.
Your early childhood partner can:
- connect you to local services such as child health services, playgroups, childcare, parent support groups, education options and recreation
- give you practical information about child development
- use observations and information from any screening tools, assessments or reports to understand the impact of your child’s delay or disability (but they don’t complete assessments for diagnosis)
- identify if your child is likely to benefit from early support and where appropriate provide a short period of early supports to help you and your child to work towards goals
- support you to apply to the NDIS if you decide to apply on your child’s behalf, including support to put together information and evidence to help work out goals
- help you connect with best practice early childhood intervention services
- monitor your child’s progress and support them to transition from the early childhood approach.
Where is Lifestart an Early Childhood Partner?
Lifestart is an Early Childhood Partner in the following regions:
- Central Coast: Level 1, 138 Faunce Street Gosford NSW 2250
- Illawarra Shoalhaven:
- Suite 1/ 87-89 Market Street Wollongong NSW 2500
- 2/57 Plunkett Street Nowra NSW 2541
- Nepean Blue Mountains:
- 81 Henry Street Penrith NSW 2750
- 88 Landa Street South Bowenfels NSW 2790
- South East Sydney:
- 2/50 Kiora Road, Miranda NSW 2228
- Chifley Public School Site, Mitchell Street (enter via Macquarie St gates) Malabar NSW 2036
- Sydney: Ground Floor, Building B, Rhodes Corporate Park, 1 Homebush Bay Drive, Rhodes NSW 2138
To find out more call our Intake and Engagement Team on 1800 953 390 or send us a message.
If you are a service provider and want to make a referral click here.