What do we offer?
- a unique, short-term online program
- available to students aged 7-14 years with a disability enrolled in any mainstream school across NSW
- open to young people with or without an NDIS plan
- focused on supporting the young person to achieve a goal they have set for themselves.
How will it be delivered?
- each young person will have six online video sessions facilitated by an allied health staff member, held out of school time across the school term.
- during the sessions, the facilitator will support the young person to identify and express a small, achievable goal related to participation at school, and then work through challenges they might come up against.
- involvement of parents or carers (we call them allies) is key to the success of the program, as they are the main support in the young person’s participation journey.
- there are two learning online modules for allies to watch about our goal setting process and helping to build resilience in their young person.
What is the cost?
SpeakUP is fully funded by Department of Social Services (DSS) through an Information, Linkages and Capacity Building (ILC) grant until the end of Term 3 2022. It is delivered free of charge. If your young person will not be able to attend their scheduled session, please contact us as soon as possible so that we can use the time to see other clients.
Program start dates
If you are interested in the SpeakUP program, please complete the Expression of Interest form below and we will contact you about it.
Term 4 sessions will commence from the week beginning 10th October 2022.
Expression of Interest form
To find out more call us on 1800 317 030
or send us a message email@example.com