What do we offer?
Bringing you an exciting free online program co designed with young people.
SpeakUP: Building skills and confidence for participation at school is:
- a unique and time limited online program
- available to students aged 7-14 years with a disability enrolled in any mainstream schools across NSW
- open to young people with or without an NDIS plan.
- skilled facilitators experienced in working with young people and families to deliver this program online
- individualised sessions for each student supporting them to work towards their identified goal
- access to a range of resources
- group training sessions for parents to develop and support the young person skills.
How will it be delivered?
- Individualised planning with students online to support an understanding of their own strengths, skills, goals, and aspirations using age-appropriate tools.
- Developing an understanding of what participation goals each student has and linking these to practical steps in their own school environment. Taking an action approach, where planning and choices are linked to real life scenarios at school.
- A combined program engagement of approximately 10 hours is anticipated and adjustments made for students with diverse communication or other needs.
- A four session group training program for a family, ally or supporter to ensure ongoing individual capacity building with the student. Recognising that each student’s capability to speak up and participate is still developing and that it is important that they have family supporters who understand what participation means to them and can continue to facilitate their skills and confidence to join in.
- Check-in and follow up sessions as required.
- Online resource bank to support the activities and for young people and supporters to have access to.
Program start dates will regularly be advertised and young people can be waitlisted for the new intake.
Expression of Interest form
If you are interested in participating in SpeakUP, please click here to complete the Expression of Interest form.
To find out more call us on 1800 317 030
or send us a message firstname.lastname@example.org
Funded by Department of Social Services (DSS) as an Information, Linkages and Capacity Building (ILC) grant (NDIA).