Employment: Full-time – contract to June 2021
Location: Illawarra Shoalhaven – Unanderra
Close Date: Friday, 28 June 2019
The allied health professional will work in the Early Childhood Early Intervention (ECEI) team and implement the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) ECEI Approach, supporting children 0 – 6 years with developmental delay or disability. With a key focus on the individual needs of the child, supports will be delivered using a family centred approach to achieve long term positive outcomes for each child and their family/carer.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Tertiary qualification in Speech Pathology, Occupational Therapy or Physiotherapy
- Registration and/ or membership with your professional body (if applicable)
- Demonstrated understanding of the NDIS, in particular the ECEI approach
- Demonstrated experience in Family Centred approaches
- Demonstrated understanding of individualised planning and funding
- Valid Working with Children Check Clearance
- Successful pre-employment police check
- A current driver’s licence and use of own car
Key Result Areas:
|Key Result Areas||Key Activities|
|ECEI Service Delivery||With appropriate support, use family centred frameworks to plan with clients.
Deliver assessments, short term intervention supports, and other appropriate strategies to assist children and families achieve positive long-term outcomes.
Work with relevant stakeholders to build capacity of local mainstream and community services to increase participation and inclusion of children with developmental delay or disability.
|Communication and Accountability||Effectively ensure all information is treated in a way that respects the individual clients right to confidentiality and dignity.
Comply with Lifestart policies and procedures and other relevant standards for service provision.
Positively represent Lifestart in all opportunities, role modelling the Code of Conduct and actively supporting the mission, vision and values.
Seek support from the team leader through open communication.
|Reporting, Documentation & Administration||Carry out reporting, documentation and administration tasks including service records.
Maintain case notes, plans and required documentation on NDIA’s Client Record Management system.
Comply with organisational requirements for the accurate and timely completion of documentation.