Employment: Full time Max Term Contract to 30 June 2022
Location: NSW Central Coast
Close Date: Friday, 13 November 2020
The Early Childhood Early Intervention (ECEI) Area Manager will manage and lead the Early Childhood Early Intervention (ECEI) Program in their service area. The ECEI Area Manager is responsible for establishing and implementing the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) ECEI Approach to assist children with developmental delay and their families/carers achieve positive long-term outcomes.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline including education, allied health, or social sciences
- A minimum of five years’ experience in early childhood intervention
- A management qualification and/or demonstrated experience in management, preferably in the community sector and working with children and families/carers
- Strong business acumen with highly developed analytical and problem solving skills
- Thorough understanding of the NDIS, the ECEI approach and early intervention Best Practice Principles
- Ability to identify the needs of children and their families and support staff to make judgements regarding eligibility for ECEI NDIS support services
- Knowledge of Disability Service Standards, Children’s Disability Standards and Children Protection/ Keeping them safe
- Highly developed interpersonal and strong networking skills
- Highly organised and adaptable, able to work in a constantly changing environment
- Valid Working with Children Check Clearance
- Successful pre-employment police check
- A current driver’s licence and use of own car
Key Result Areas:
|Key Result Areas||Key Activities|
|ECEI Service Delivery||Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of NDIS, contractual and organisational requirements.
Work strategically and collaboratively with families/carers and other stakeholders to achieve quality outcomes for children with developmental delay or disability and their families.
Develop strategies to integrate staff disciplines and skills to work collaboratively in a person/family centred, transdisciplinary and strengths-based approach.
|Management||Lead the ECEI transdisciplinary team to deliver the ECEI approach in their area of responsibility.
Ensure that all services, activities and programs are consistent with Lifestart’s commitment to providing evidence-based and best practice early intervention programs for children and families/carers.
In collaboration with the Team Leader set goals and objectives to ensure outcomes are met.
Responsible for monitoring output and performance in their service area in line with funding compliance and Lifestart policies.
|Communication and Accountability||Prepare Operations Plans and budgets in collaboration with the General Manager, ECEI.
Effectively ensure all information is treated in a way that respects the individual clients right to confidentiality and dignity.
Comply with Lifestart policies and procedures and other relevant standards for service provision.