Employment: Full-time – contract to June 2021
Location: North Strathfield, Malabar, Miranda, Unanderra, St Marys or Gosford
Close Date: Friday, 24 May 2019
The Early Childhood Early Intervention (ECEI) Program Support Worker provides administration support to ECEI Coordinators. The ECEI team implement the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) ECEI Approach, supporting children 0 – 6 years with developmental delay or disability. With a key focus on the individual needs of the child, supports will be delivered using a family centred approach to achieve long term positive outcomes for each child and their family/carer.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline including, education, Community services or other related areas/ experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of the NDIS, in particular the ECEI approach
- Ability to prioritise and resolve problems
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries within the role
- Strong scheduling, organisational and administrative skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication and customer service skills
- Valid Working with Children Check Clearance
- Successful pre-employment police check
Key Result Areas:
|Key Result Areas||Key Activities|
|ECEI Service Delivery:||Support the day-to-day functions of ECEI activities and processes.
Work with relevant stakeholders to build capacity of local mainstream and community services to increase participation and inclusion of children with developmental delay or disability.
Assist families to complete access requests to the NDIS where required.
Facilitate Open Play Groups as required.
|Communication and Accountability:||Effectively ensure all information is treated in a way that respects the individual clients right to confidentiality and dignity.
Comply with Lifestart policies and procedures and other relevant standards for service provision.
Positively represent Lifestart in all opportunities, role modelling the Code of Conduct and actively supporting the mission, vision and values.
Seek support from the team leader through open communication.
|Reporting, Documentation & Administration:||Carry out reporting, documentation and administration tasks.
Maintain required documentation on Lifestart’s and NDIA’s Client Record Management system.
Comply with organisational requirements for the accurate and timely completion of documentation.