Employment: Full-time – 12 months contract
The purpose of this role will be to provide intervention, support and strategies to children and young people with disabilities or development delay, and their families. This pivotal role will require you to deliver all programs and activities that form part of Lifestart, appropriate to your professional discipline. You will work in a collaborative team, participating in the exchange of knowledge and skills among team members to achieve positive outcomes for children, young people and their families.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Degree qualification in Early Childhood Education or similar
- Registration and/ or membership with your professional body (if applicable)
- Demonstrated experience working in the early childhood sector
- Demonstrated experience working with children with disabilities or additional needs and their families/carers
- Demonstrated ability to work flexibly in response to families’ individualised needs and priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work sensitively and empathically with families from diverse cultural backgrounds and with complex needs
- Valid Working with Children Check Clearance
- Successful pre-employment police check
- A current driver’s licence and use of own car
Key Result Areas:
|Key Result Areas||Key Activities|
|Service Delivery:||Use person or family centred frameworks to plan with clients.
Deliver assessments, intervention supports and other appropriate strategies to achieve outcomes.
Monitor and evaluate service delivery with individual clients through reflective practice
|Effectively handle complex, sensitive issues and ensure all information is treated in a way that respects the individual clients right to confidentiality and dignity.
Understand relevant compliance legislation, quality standards and Lifestart policies and procedures.
Positively represent Lifestart in all opportunities, role modelling the Code of Conduct and actively supporting the mission, vision and values.
|Reporting, Documentation &|
|Carry out reporting, documentation and administration tasks including service records and billing.
Maintain case notes, plans and required documentation on Lifestart’s Client Record Management system.
Comply with organisational requirements for the accurate and timely completion of documentation.