Our therapists provide speech therapy for children and young people to help develop their communication skills
Our therapists also have specific skills to support people who have difficulty with eating, drinking or swallowing their food.
Do you, your child or young person require help to:
- join in conversations with family, friends and teachers?
- understand what people say and learn words to express ideas and feelings?
- use pictures, signs or technology like Augmentative and Alternate Communication (AAC) devices to communicate?
Our speech pathologists provide children with the skills for daily interaction
Speech therapy for children and young people can help to:
- develop communication skills to use in daily interactions, routines and activities
- learn speech sounds, words and sentences to express ideas
- understand what words mean and how to follow instructions
- learn social skills
- understand and use gestures, signs and pictures to support communication
- identify and use technology to assist with communication e.g. Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) Systems
- identify specific difficulties with eating and drinking to feel safe when swallowing.
We provide supports in the Sydney metropolitan area
We provide supports in the Sydney metropolitan area including – Western Sydney, Northern Sydney, Eastern Sydney, Southern Sydney, the Inner West and parts of South Western Sydney.
There are many options for where you can access speech therapy supports including:
- at a Lifestart centre
- we can come to you – to your home, school or early childhood centre, workplace or somewhere else in the community.
Please call us to find out what is possible for your child or young person.
What is the cost?
Costs vary depending on the service provided. You can use your NDIS funding package (we offer services under the NDIS support areas of Improved Daily Living and Improved Relationships) or pay privately.
To find out more call our Client Engagement Team on 1800 953 390 or send us a message.