Lifestart is supporting the Sydney Opera House to host two relaxed performances in April and May 2021.
In relaxed performances the environment is adapted in some of the following ways to make the performance more accessible:
- there is a relaxed attitude to noise made in the audience
- doors remain open and some lights (while dimmed) are on for the duration of the performance
- you can leave and re-enter the performance if you need a break
- there is a quiet space in the foyer to take a break.
In addition, a visual story is available to assist in preparing for the event; there is the opportunity to meet the performers and additional staff are available to support your needs.
The performances are on:
- 18 April 2021 – Erth’s Prehistoric World (recommended for ages 5+)
- 13 May 2021 – Wilfrid Gordon McDonald Partridge (recommended for ages 3+)
Download the flyer for more details – Accessible performances SOH AprilMay 2021