Last week, our Belong INC team hosted a school holiday catch up at Kingpin Darling Harbour with old and new participants of the Belong INC program.
Each event that the team has held has been designed with a dual focus: to accommodate the unique interests of the young people in the program and build upon their life skills. This event involved travel training on public transport, using Opal cards, navigating the route through the city, several games of laser tag and arcade games, ordering and paying for a meal, socialising with friends over lunch and then travelling back home.
“To see the smiles on the faces of the young people as they enjoyed each other’s company and demonstrated some very competitive tagging… the event can only be called a success,” remarked Susan Spruce, Manager Inclusion Services – Belong INC.
If you’d like to find out more about our Belong INC program and how you or your young person can get involved, visit our Belong INC page or call us on 1800 317 030.
- Save the Date: Launch of our Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan
- LifeSTAFF Talks: Rosemary Cordi
- Lifestart welcomes a new group of Speech Pathologists, Occupational Therapists and Physiotherapists
- Update on Lifestart services for families affected by the bushfires
- Resources for supporting children and young people affected by the bushfires