Recently, our Belong INC team ran an individualised So Safe Girls Group.
This 8-week program provided an opportunity for the participants to talk about a range of issues related to having healthy and safe relationships and positive interactions with social media.
The young women loved the fact that their parents/carers were assigned homework every week. The homework supported parents/carers to gain insight into the topics being covered so they could reinforce what was learned in daily life using the teaching scripts provided. This information was also given to staff at the schools and youth groups the young women attended to ensure that consistent messaging was provided so that everyone involved could support the young women as they navigate the complex world of relationships as a teenager.
- Save the Date: Launch of our Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan
- LifeSTAFF Talks: Rosemary Cordi
- Lifestart welcomes a new group of Speech Pathologists, Occupational Therapists and Physiotherapists
- Update on Lifestart services for families affected by the bushfires
- Resources for supporting children and young people affected by the bushfires