The Royal Commission into Violence, Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation of People with Disability has released an issues paper, ‘Promoting Inclusion’. We want to hear from you so that your experiences and stories can be included in our response.
What is the Disability Royal Commission Issues Paper?
The aim of the issues paper is to gather information about what makes an inclusive society and what steps can be taken to promote a more inclusive society.
It asks questions like:
- What is an inclusive society?
- What are the barriers to inclusion?
- How can we promote a more inclusive society for people with disability?
- What has the journey towards inclusion looked like so far?
The Commission is inviting responses to the paper, which will inform the work of the Royal Commission. At Lifestart we are preparing a response, and we want to work with you. As our clients, and the families and carers of clients, we want to support you in sharing your real life experiences through your stories, your beliefs, and your vision for inclusion.
How to contribute to Lifestart’s response
If you are interested in being involved, please contact Jo at Lifestart by Monday May 17th, either:
- By phone on 0476 984 624 or
- By email at firstname.lastname@example.org.