How we are recognising National Reconciliation Week
National Reconciliation Week is 27 May-3 June. The theme for 2021 is ‘More than a word. Reconciliation takes action’.
We all have a role to play when it comes to reconciliation, and in playing our part we collectively build relationships and communities that value Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, histories, cultures and futures.
Here are a few ways you can get involved and take action towards reconciliation this week:
- Find out more about National Reconciliation Week
- Host a screening of a Reconciliation Film Club documentary (there is a cost attached)
- Print your own poster from the NRW website
- Share the poster on socials with tags #MoreThanAWord #NRW2021
- Stream and dance to these deadly songs
- Learn about the history of the 2000 bridge walks for reconciliation here
- Acknowledge Country in your first meeting or call of the day
- Check out events coming up with Reconciliation NSW