New automatic plan extensions
From April to 30 June, if your NDIS plan is due to end, you may be eligible to automatically extend your plan, without the need for a plan review.
An automatic plan extension means that instead of getting a new plan, your current plan will continue – with the same funded supports for the same duration as your current plan, for up to 12 months.
You may be eligible for a plan extension if:
- Your plan is due to end between April and 30 June 2021
- Your plan is 12 months or longer
- You are aged 7 years or older.
If your plan review meeting is booked from April to 30 June and you are eligible for an automatic extension, the NDIS will contact you to see if you would like to automatically extend your plan.
You can also contact them directly here to request an automatic plan extension. You can still ask the NDIS for a plan review if your current plan is not meeting your needs.
You can find out more about automatic plan extensions here.
Consultation on interventions for children on the autism spectrum
The NDIS is conducting a consultation with the community about interventions for children on the autism spectrum.
They are seeking input from NDIS participants, their families and caregivers to assist them in developing clearer advice on NDIS funding of early intervention services for children on the autism spectrum.
Have your say
You can have your say and help shape the future of this program by submitting feedback via the NDIS website up until 14 May. Learn more and make a submission on the NDIS website.
Feedback closes at 10 am AEST on Friday 14 May 2021.
- Have your say on the Disability Royal Commission Issues Paper
- Why your feedback is vital
- NDIS updates: New automatic NDIS plan extensions and consultation on interventions for children on the autism spectrum
- Accessible performances for children at the Opera House
- COVID-19 update for clients and families/carers