Recently, our Belong INC team supported 7 young people to gain work experience at Radio Skid Row. As part of the experience, these young people had the opportunity to go “live on air”, use the radio equipment and record introductions and sign offs that the station will use in their upcoming shows.
Furthermore, each young person was asked to voice their opinion on topics including forced friendship, inclusion, bullying and life at school to prepare for a possible segment on the show wherein listeners call in and have their questions answered by young people in the Belong INC program.
All the young people thoroughly enjoyed the experience, with one girl commenting to her parents that “this was the best day ever!” A big thank you to Lima and Ivy at Radio Skid Row.
Visit Radio Skid Row to find out more about the station or call our Belong INC team on 1800 317 030.
- Save the Date: Launch of our Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan
- LifeSTAFF Talks: Rosemary Cordi
- Lifestart welcomes a new group of Speech Pathologists, Occupational Therapists and Physiotherapists
- Update on Lifestart services for families affected by the bushfires
- Resources for supporting children and young people affected by the bushfires