Since suspending our face-to-face services due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Lifestart has been overwhelmed by the positive feedback from children, young people, families and carers about making the switch to online supports.
We have now delivered over 1,000 Zoom sessions and have begun to collect feedback from clients, families and carers about their experiences of online supports so far. Below is a sample of what they had to say:
“I wasn’t sure whether my son would engage during online sessions, but he did. He found interacting with his therapist over the iPad really cool and enjoyed all the games that they could still play together.”
“It’s been amazing! Your contact and encouragement for her to continue developing her independence and life skills at a time when it is very difficult to do this has been invaluable.”
“With online sessions, my therapist has been able to continue supporting me even when other supports have ceased. We could persist with toilet training and were able to get our first success with toileting during shutdown!”
“It has been better than I had anticipated and an easy, great way to have face to face without the physical contact. I have to say that the quality of service and support provided has not been compromised by not being face to face.”
“My child has been enjoying the time he can spend with this OT. This gives him some routine which he needs. Since sessions are now online, my therapist been able to see his sister as well. This is so helpful for our family as she knows our family already.”
“Given the current situation we all find ourselves in, it has been a breath of fresh air to know that support is still available either via phone and more importantly for my daughter – a face to face over video (Zoom) call.”
Lifestart is an experienced, award-winning provider on online therapy across Australia. We offer a wide range of supports online including:
- Daily life – toilet training, self-care, play skills, sensory regulation, sleep, mealtimes, feeding, independence, routines, getting organised, budgeting.
- Communication – early communication, Hanen programs online, Key Word Sign, advice and trials of communication systems, apps.
- Movement and fitness – early movement, positioning, mobility, fitness programs for young people.
- Positive behaviour support – self-regulation, behaviour plans, strategies and skill building.
- Wellbeing and anxiety management – building confidence, skills to manage stressful situations, youth support and counselling, Cool, Calm and Connected program.
- Social skills – regulating emotions, skills for building friendships, positive relationships, Secret Agent Society program.
- School – getting organised with home schooling, fine motor and handwriting skills.
- Assessments – functional and standardized assessments.
Visit our Online Supports page or call us on 1800 953 390 to find out more about how we can support you during this time.