The Sydney Opera House, with support from Lifestart, is running an accessible performance for children of There’s A Sea In My Bedroom, an immersive introduction to live music based on the classic picture book by Margaret Wild.
Designed for children aged 2-7 years old with disability or developmental delay, Sing and Play offers a safe and sensory-friendly environment for families to experience the theatre. A Sing and Play performance enables you to:
- enter the theatre early to get settled before the show and be welcomed by our staff
- enjoy a performance environment that is welcoming to children of all abilities and their families
- come and go freely from the theatre during the performance
- enjoy our free 45-minute Sing and Play session directly after the performance with a range if mixed play activities facilitated by a music therapist and the Lifestart team, as well as a supported music program
- plus, theatre lights remain on low levels and families receive pre-visit materials to help prepare for their visit.
Date: 17 May 2019
Time: 10:30am – Performance, After the performance – Sing and Play
Venue: Utzon Room & Drama Theatre Foyer, Sydney Opera House
Ages: 2-7 years
Tickets: available from the Sydney Opera House website
See our event listing for further details.